Mid-Rivers 2023 Scholarships Now Open!
The Mid-Rivers Fund for Education, funded by unclaimed capital credits from members, has awarded over $560,000 in scholarships to area students. In 2023, Mid-Rivers will award 36 competitive and 18 drawing scholarships.
Scholarship categories reflect the mission and values of the Cooperative and its members. This year’s scholarship program has three categories:
- Dawson Community College/Miles Community College Scholarship – In support of local educational institutions, up to six (6) $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to students attending Dawson Community College (DCC) or Miles Community College (MCC).
- Mid-Rivers Higher Education Scholarship – Thirty (30) $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to students pursuing or continuing their higher education at any other institution in technical, undergraduate, or graduate programs.
- Mid-Rivers Annual Meeting Drawing – Eighteen (18) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded through a drawing of eligible students in attendance at the 2023 Mid-Rivers Annual Meeting. The date and location for the 2023 Annual Meeting are to be determined and will be announced in early 2023.
Competitive Scholarships will be awarded based on how well each student’s application addresses the following priority areas:
- Demonstration of specific plans and an authentic desire to live and work in the Mid-Rivers Service Area in the future.
- Work experience and school and community activities during high school and/or college.
- Unique, inspiring, and innovative Personal Statement.
- Grade point average and ACT/SAT test scores.
- Ability to communicate.
Eligible applicants for all categories include graduating high school seniors entering freshman year at a college, university or technical school; and current college, university and technical school students planning to continue studies in the fall. All applicants must be enrolled as full-time students for the Fall of 2023. Previous scholarship winners (competitive or drawing, and in any year) are ineligible. Applicants must have a parent or guardian who is a member of Mid-Rivers Telephone Cooperative, Inc. with active telephone or Internet service and a completed and approved membership application. Applicants unsure of membership status should contact Mid-Rivers as soon as possible (at least 30 days in advance of the deadlines) at 1-800-452-2288 to verify eligibility.
Competitive scholarship applications must be completed online and are now available. New this year, applicants will need to create an account with Submittable to view and submit an application. Applicants unsuccessful in the competitive scholarships are eligible and encouraged to enter the drawing for scholarships at the Annual Meeting.The completed form(s) and all required attachments must be submitted online by Wednesday, February 1, 2023, at 11:59 PM Mountain Time. Only complete applications will be considered