Erin SwitzerK-12 Art & K-8 Music/Band773email@example.com
My name is Miss Switzer. I teach K-12 Art & K-8 Music in Richey. I wanted to take a moment to tell you a little about my summer. I got the opportunity to travel to Oregon for a week to learn about leather crafting. The instructor did a phenomenal job helping us newbies get the hang of things. I was surprised by the amount of sagebrush I drove by on my way to and from southwestern Oregon. That was one great summer road trip. That covered my artsy summer adventure. The musical adventure was fantastic. My friend, Stephanie, and I traveled to Salt Lake City to attend a Shania Twain concert! WOW! If she ever makes her way to Montana, you can bet I’ll be in the stands : )
This semester in music, your student will be doing all sorts of amazing things. Here are a few things we will cover in the classes.
- 7th/8th Music
- Garageband, Jazz Improv, Bucket Drumming, Band a much more!
- 5th/6th Music
- Rounds, Essential Elements for Band, Music Theory
- 3rd/4th Music
- Folk Songs, Identifying Notes, and the Recorder!
- Kindergarten/1st Music
- Identifying Various Elements in Music. For example fast and slow beats, higher notes and lower notes.
This semester in art, the classes will be working on all sorts of magnificent creations! Many of the artworks will be displayed at the Spring Fine Arts Festival.
- HS Art
- Color Theory, Contour Hand Drawings, Ceramic Forms, and Elements/Principles of Art
- 5th/6th Art
- Color Value, Sewing with Patterns, and 3D Drawings
- 3rd/4th Art
- Origami, Fiber Exploration, and Printmaking
- Kindergarten/1st Art
- Watercolor experimenting, Printmaking, and Positive/Negative Space
The class expectations are below. Please review and talk about them with your student.
- Respect other students and adults in the room.
- Respect the instruments and classroom space.
- Think like a musician.
If students are having significant trouble following the expectations, I will be sure to let you know so we can work on a solution together.
I believe for students to be successful at school, we need to work as a team. Please feel free to contact me with questions. I am looking forward to a great year!
Thank you so much for reading! Keep an eye on the school website for updates.
- 7th/8th Music